The Canadian Nurses Foundation provides scholarships for nursing students across Canada at the baccalaureate, masters and Ph.D. levels. These scholarships are awarded based on merit and range from $750 to $10,000.
Proud to offer more than 100 scholarships in support of nursing education.
Have you read through the application process below? Are you ready to apply for your scholarship?
The Application Process
Are you an outstanding nursing student currently studying in Canada? Do you need money to help pay for books, tuition, and the occasional coffee? If you answered YES, then you have come to the right place!
CNF offers a variety of scholarships with specific criteria to ONE IN FIVE applicants across Canada every year!
Can I apply?
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Must be enrolled in nursing program in Canada. RN, IEN, NP, LPN, RPN
How does it work?
What do I need?
Please login to the application and familiarize yourself with the required documents. Once you start the application you don’t have to complete everything all at once!
- Baccalaureate – $750 – 4,000
- Masters and Nurse Practitioner – $1,000 to $5,000
- Doctoral – $1,000 to $20,000
- Practical Nursing – $750 – 3,000
- Scholarships to advance Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion – ($3,000 – $20,000)
- Internationally Educated Nursing Award ($1,500 – $3,000)
- CNSA Membership Awards
- Applications Open: January 1
- Applications Close: March 15
- Merit Review: April
- Application notification: Students will be notified in June
- Signed agreements, pictures and bios: Due July
- Cheques mailed out: September and December
Apply for a CNF Scholarship
The Canadian Nurses Foundation offers over $400,000 annually in scholarships to advance nursing practice and knowledge in Canada. Supporting Canada’s best and brightest nursing students will ultimately lead to better patient outcomes and a stronger Canadian health care system. As Canada’s only national nursing foundation, we proudly accept applications from students across the country, in all regions of Canada.