Thanks to YOU, this event raised nearly a quarter million dollars through our incredible sponsors, auction, table sales, and donations to support our 5 areas of priority investment this year, which included immunization, nursing shortages, mental health, senior care, and Indigenous health.
Here are some of the highlights from this year’s celebration of nurses that would not have been possible without you:
- Over 500 attended from across Canada, creating a national stage for the CNF MaskerAide Gala 2021.
- We recognized over 200 nurses nationally, as part of our Thank-A-Nurse program.
- We received over 68,509,785 media impressions.
· Live across the country, 13 courageous nurses shared their heartfelt stories of hope and inspiration through the most challenging time in their careers.
· Everyone enjoyed entertainment from coast-to-coast-to-coast with emotional and riveting performances from Domanique Grant, Gurdeep Pandher, Susan Aglukark, Second Toe and Naoya Ebe.
· VIP ticket holders were treated to an exclusive pre-show culinary experience led by Food Network star and bestselling author, Chef Lynn Crawford. Accompanied by Two Sisters Vineyards’ Head Winemaker Adam Pearce,she prepared three delectable canapes, a truly unique experience!
· Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Michael Bublé, William Shatner and Chris Hadfield brought greetings along with messages of appreciation and encouragement.
· For the second year, our evening was made extra special thanks to our incredible host, ETalk’s,Traci Melchor.
A HUGE thank you goes out to everyone involved in this spectacular evening! Thank you for your continued support to our nurses, the true stars of the event.